Did anyone see the recent South Park episode in which the Internet stopped and the kids went to California to find "more" Internet?We are experiencing something similar on our other blog, The Ethical Blogger, which has been locked down by Google due to suspected spam-like activity near or around the blog. I feel like I can't use part of the Internet.
With so much email spam in the world, I had proposed a while back that people communicate with one another over blogs to ensure maximum transparency. (Unfortunately, people even libel one another on blogs and YouTube, as the New York Times reported today. When people ask what do we mean by ethical blogging, this article illustrates the problem precisely.) But with blog spam, I guess that medium is not totally reliable either. Of course, The Ethical Blogger is not a spammer.
The Ethical Blogger, which coincidentally has been called a blog of note by Google's Blogger (blogspot), will be back once Google verifies the blog is run by "actual people." In the meantime, we see this apologetic message on our dashboard:
Your blog is locked
Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.
We received your unlock request on April 15, 2008. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.
Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.
I am off to the Delaware shore for some walks on the beach with my family. I hope The Ethical Blogger is back soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment