Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve "Reflections"

Well I think it's time to begin my reflections on the year, and I know I say that as if it is an essential thing to do, but in a way it is. Life's not that long so... I must document each day, let alone EACH YEAR. One day these... memoirs may be of some use, probably not but it's a nice thought to think that when I'm like borderline-fossilised I'll be able to look back on days where perhaps I am more mobile, I'm hanging out for medical advancements however but won't make any bets on the prolonging of lifespans. Dreams are free, and who knows.... who wants to live forever anyway? (as Sarah Brightman once sang)

This year has been... well, I definitely feel like I've grown up a LOT. A lot of firsts, which sounds really bad, but... whatever. A lot of ups and downs also, but I guess overall it's all just been an experience and I'm pretty grateful for all of the opportunities I got! I am so glad I didn't change to Nayland this year, as although I'm sure it would have been lovely, most Nayland people I know are fuckwits (excluding various few). Garin will be good next year, well not the classes or anything, but all my friends and I that have been there since day one (and those who haven't, still included) are pretty much tight as. Year 13 (7th Form) is the year for it to go down!

As much as I complain about being miserable and hating myself, I've been fairly happy this year, well overall, had some really good "highs" and things have just been really awesome at times! There's certainly a few stand-out days, and have made/had/enjoyed some great friendships, relationships and bonds with a variety of people! I love that pretty much no one from school has any idea that I, in fact, am not completely bound to my school life and that there has in fact been the occasional sprinkling of romance throughout the year! Well, some have been onto it but I never admitted a thing. Well, I eventually gave in to some. Whatever. (stirring up attention/drama, haha) Some apparently more sprinkled than some, but the facts are, it happened. That is more than enough, and with all due respect, maybe my changed relationship status on Facebook as of recent wasn't such a joke? Anyone with a bit of stalking powers could easily figure it out, thankfully most of my friends aren't the stalking type, so... loves it!

Well anyway, I'll just post these very vague reminders so only I really know... Actually no I won't, I would post dates but... it'll be SO embarrassing if the person in question should read them. Embarrassing! But the gist of things is... School's been rough as fuck, but I have loved my year in a way. Hopefully I'll get tighter with Dani ASAP and that I'm not too sad (even though I will be) when Brandon flees the country. (ie. moves to Brisbane, sad stuff! Same with Danielle T.)

0 Comments: