Friday, February 12, 2010

Survived Year 13 Camp (+ YouSayToo Awards)

My last school camp ever is officially over, which is very upsetting I know (except, not reaaaallly). I admit the camp wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a LOT more boring then I thought it would be. The only real activity we did was go for a swim with some seals at, wait for it, 8am in the morning. Literally, I got up at 7am and by 8am I was in an uncomfortable wetsuit on a boat, freezing, being hauled out to sea and then was basically forced into the water and swam around with a bunch of seals splashing around. It was fun, and there was some cool things underwater, but ultimately - it was just fucking cold. Needless to say, if this is my last ever camp (if all goes right in life), I'll die a little happier.

Now, the big news in blog world is that I came 9th in the YouSayToo(.com) Awards! That means I win a prize! I've literally forgotten what prize I wanted to win, it was some BS little thing that plugs into the USB thing and lights up to music or something. I honestly don't know and can't really remember, and I hate to sound ungrateful... but I am, so I will be, I wanted to win the fucking top prize and get $1000 dream gift! Have you SEEN the blog that won the awards? I mean, some stupid "Hampster's Diary", or whatever the christ it was? Uhhuuuum. Right... well Obviously you have seen it, because it was the top rated and WON! Seriously, I read one post and just thought "What the fuck?" and gave up on it. What a load of shit. No offence to the author, but seriously. Anyway, obviously everyone liked it a lot more than my blog because I had to run around Twitter and Facebook like a mad man begging my friends to rate this blog and promised them things (they're not getting) in return. Literally. Anyway, what is truly good about winning the award is the promotion I will (hopefully) get and having more of YOU! YOU being my lovely readers that give me attention and make me feel good about myself.

(Click the title of this post to see my anti-religious rant. If you're offended by the prospect of that, go away.)



May I just add one more negativity-filled rant? Now look, this person subscribes to my blog and may read this... but in all honesty, to the person who won the $500 and is donating it to their church... WHAT THE FUCK?? Churches are horrific and religions are oversized cults. I've been going to Catholic Schools all my life, barely my choice, and have hated every second of it and although there is a lot of goodness to religion, I think there's so many fucking sick, hypocritical elements to it and injustice. I mean, have you read the bit about women?? And about gays? And about any women that are promiscuous? All I (and K.G.) have to say is, suck it.

(P.S. If you were that blog winner, I am sorry for going so hard on you! I understand the money was for instruments, and not for some paedo priest, I just have a bone to pick with religion, Christianity/Catholicism especially.)

0 Comments: