I work at a bookstore, and yesterday learned that the book "George Washington's Sacred Fire" was being asked for from an abnormally high amount of customers. It turns out that Glenn Beck told his followers it was a must read.
The book is now the #2 Bestseller at Amazon.com. You can read a little about what Mr. Beck said about the book here.
It will be interesting to see what sort of impact this might have on the cultural discourse. The book has been discussed on the blog before, (here, among other places) and certainly the premise has been disagreed with. While I'm thrilled that thousands of Americans are running out to their local independent bookstores (or their giant corporate ones) and buying a history book, I'm curious if this will cloud the debate over the founders' religion.
I brought this up mainly to make everybody aware that a book on a Founder's religion was, apparently, at one time the best selling book in the country. It is interesting to note that the book was borderline out-of-print, this push from Beck will revive it from that status for sure.
So be prepared to see some follow-up on this in the media, as the public continues to investigate and debate the religious-ness of the greats.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Washington's Sacred Fire: A Surprise Hit?
Posted by creation of the nation at 7:06 AM
Labels: Hoisington's Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment