Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mission to the Gym

Jeez, somebody was in a mood last night. I'm such a sucker for a bad-mood rant, I seem to be in that mood after work every Saturday - I guess working 9 hours and then coming home and have no texts, no messages, no e-mails and just the general sense "no one cares", it's a hard life.

Anyway, today wasn't much of an exception, 'cept for Robert who even though I occasionally whinge about, turned out to be a great sport! So I woke up (at like 10.45am, god bless sleep-ins) and my only texts were a Lady Gaga tweet & Robert inviting me to the gym with him and to get lunch afterwards. He was keen on some $10 fry-up at 623 on the Rocks (aka. thee shittest restaurant in Nelson, which coincidentally, my dad just won a $100 voucher for) which was NOT happening - and that was el fact. Although I think my reply said "Sounds good." or something...

Anyway going to the gym freaked me the christ out - I just don't want to stand out! Well the one thing I'm fucking grateful for is that I haven't just started on the road to fitness! I have been running on and off for a couple of years now so have a bit of stamina thank christ! I managed to do about 2/3km on the treadmill - and it was my first time ever on the Treadmill - it takes some time to get used to! Lord my legs felt like jelly afterwards, such a weird feeling - obviously I could've ran quite a lot further than that but was getting over it.

Next I got on the cross trainer which took me about a year to figure out, fancy electronic options and stuff and I finally got it working on some setting but it was being a real bitch and kept telling me to "Push forward with my arms" more and shit like that, I was pushing alright and I'm feeling it now. I didn't go near the weights cause big muscly guys were pumping what looked like 120kg+ weights so.. fuck that. JESUS some guys around there were beefed up! It's pretty motivating, I have fairly skinny, jiggly arms (from being chubby & then losing it, kinda) so they're not quite up to standard - but they will be! I signed up to three (and paid for, $60!!) sessions with a trainer so hopefully he/she'll gimme the lowdown on what to do. I'm praying it's not some super muscly guy as that'll freak me out, but considering it's a trainer and I guess they'll give guys male trainers so... I'll just have to suck it up. And shave my legs, they looked bad today.

Anyway after some horrible little thigh workouts (which I did like 10 of and then gave up), I went and showered which was kinda difficult considering there was just ONE tiny hook to put my stuff on and a wet floor - I guess the idea is to just bring your towel to the showers and then waddle over nude to the changing room. Umm... NO THANK YOU. My body isn't quite at the 'flaunting' stage yet. Gimme a month or two & I'll be sorted though. ;) (JJK! ...maybe)

Anyway I did nothing else for the whole day, although I did watch the original Ju-On Grudge movie which was pretty cool, the American remake of Grudge 1 and 2 were just based on the stories of Ju-On, scary stuff! Anyway... it's 7.40pm now and I have to work tomorrow and I'm bored so... might go read a book or something. Intellectual, I know.

0 Comments: