(I wrote this blog for my new blog on ir.frazer.co.nz, which is really just an extension of this one, but go check it out... I'll try and write different things there, but not always so blessed for time, like now.)
K-kinda sad that Term 2 of Year 13, senior year, is almost at a close meaning I have only half a year of highschool left. I'm definitely ready and desperate for a change, this year especially has dragged. A lot. Needless to say, I'm over and need something new. Year 13 has definitely been a waste of time so far... I really was already out of motivation for school work after the exams last year, which were a fuckload of homework, to say the most.
I still am not sure if I regret not moving to Nayland at the end of Year 11 or not, and I guess I probably would - but you never know what you could be missing out on. I feel like going to a smaller school has a lot of disadvantages, but the social advantages are truly pretty cool.
Since I'm just your average Joe(y) appearance-wise, a guy like me at a big school wouldn't exactly attract an adoring crowd from that and can you really spread a personality around 300+ people, or whatever the POPulation is at Nayland. Garin on the other hand has about 50 people, a little less, and basically is just the same people for 5 years. Guess for lots of people at bigger schools and such, people would think it'd be boring, and to an extent - you're kinda right, you begin to know everybody inside and out. Still, it's amazing the bond people have formed. Holy shitballs, I know that sounds pathetic - but believe me, it's kinda true! People have their differences but even the weirdest people put together (excluding the complete weirdos) can usually get along well enough and would know each other fairly well. Anyway, rambling now.
The fact of the matter is, at the end of the year it's going to be extremely sad to see everyone go their own ways in life! I know I'll be sad, probably won't cry but... you never know, I guess it actually is kinda awkward but you knnooowww even the biggest hater of highschool is going to be somewhat sad. It's not possible to have NO positive experiences in 5 years, and I'll (regrettably) be the first to admit this.
Better make the second half of this year count, ae? Whizzing by faster than I can believe...
Next years plans(/dreams)...? Probably Victoria Uni in Wellington. Maybe... hopefully...
"Reflect on your... Childhood... Your sensation... Your words... Your emotions... Time... It will not wait... No matter... How hard you hold on... It escapes you... And..."
- Ultimecia, Final Fantasy VIII (Playstation game)
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Recollection of Thoughts
Posted by creation of the nation at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment