Alright so any reader of this blog will probably know I'm always complaining about my body and this lack of self-confidence (body-wise) has stemed from being pretty chubby, possibly overweight when I was about 12-15. I left this comment on a young girl's blog who was asking for help with weight loss, I left her the following message & decided that I might share my own personal tips incase they come in handy for anyone else. I lost 20kg (One kilo is roughly 2.5 pounds I think, do your own maths) with these steps, well not everything is mentioned obviously but if you're interested, here you go.
"First and foremost; I had the same issue, I didn't weight as much as you, but when I was 14/15 I came to the point where I knew I HAD to do something. Now thankfully I lived near-ish to a walkway up a steep hill so I would walk there and than set myself a goal as to how far up I would go, have a rest and then come back. You have to start small and be realistic, if you're unfit you won't be able to do much, but the thing with weight loss and exercise is that it all needs to be gradual. Start small and in no time you'll find yourself getting further and further.
As for dieting, similar. More so than fatty foods, sugar is your biggest enemy - as for carbohydrates. Carbs are good for when you're really fit and working out intensely, but for weight loss they are the ultimate enemy as your body will burn the carbs first. Little things like swap juice for water, blue top milk to green top and avoid fast food, chips, sugary drinks (including fruit juice) like the PLAGUE. The thing is with these foods, a single bite can undo an hours work. Don't think of this as a diet, think of it as a life change. At first I found it incredibly hard but these days I can fairly easily resist fatty options, but mind you this is nearly three years on.
I know it's embarrassing to exercise when you're out of shape, but unless you can face it and do it, you won't get anywhere. Diets and exercise work in combination and alone, do nothing.
Good luck.
P.S. Don't be embarrassed about exercise, trust me no one cares and even if they did, a fat person exercising is a LOT of a better look than a fat person at a fast food place. If your parents serve you unhealthy meals, beg them to serve healthier options and try to reduce your servings. A little hunger never killed anyway, try not to snack too often and if you do make it something raw like nuts (unsalted!), sultanas, fruit, veges or plain, unsugary cereal (with low-fat milk)."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment