__
Proverbs 19:17 (KJV) He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
It is very interesting, to the brilliant intellectual mind, to look into the Hebrew meaning of the word "lend" [ lavah ] in this verse.
Are you ready? It means "LEND."
Nothing archaic about the English, and nothing complicated about the "original languages."
So, when you have pity on the poor, instead of buying gold and investing in man's institutions in the face of economic calamity, you put God in debt to YOU.
If you can ever imagine God not paying up in HIS debt, you don't have the God from the Word of God.
Is there anything about this blog entry that was too difficult for you to understand? If so, leave an entry in the comment area, and I shall try to think of a Dick and Jane level answer for you.
By the way, this is not about "prosperity giving." That scam is used by TV evangelists who are trying to get you to hand some cash to THEM. This is about the poor widow in your local church who is not eating right because she cannot afford it. This is about the family who just had to move in with their relatives because they lost their home. This is about the buy living under the bridge. This is about the Bible in Arabic you buy online and give to the Arab who just bought a gas station in your town.
And, God may choose not to pay you back in this life. So, this is NOT about getting a guaranteed return on your investment in human terms.
In fact, I cannot tell you how God pays up on his debts, but his accrued debt over the past 6000 years has to make the US debt look like chicken feed. The big difference is, he does not pay his debts be devaluing his glory and borrowing from China !!
I have a friend who was in banking, and he tells me that you are very valuable to the banks for either of two reasons--
1) You are 100% in debt and well employed, or
2) You are 100% out of debt, have never been in debt, and you are worth millions.
Well, consider our God: He is both.
He is infinitely rich, and he is infinitely in debt to his children. Can you imagine a better financial institution than the Godhead? His assets can never be exhausted, and you cannot invest enough to put his pay back power into jeopardy.
God does not know how to over extend himself.
So, what are you doing about it?
The following will terrify you people who have allowed the media and the rumor mill to baptize you in fear, but it is still in my Bible, and I suspect also in yours:
Matthew 6:25 (KJV) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
I am not trying to be pious and imply that I have no problem with fear of the future and of financial failure. It is everywhere these days, and I constantly fight it.
Sometimes I win over this fear, and sometimes I gave way to it. But, I do know that the plan of God is flawless, so I do know how I ought to be living.
So, I can return to God's plan, and have peace.
It is, my friend, a choice, and it has to be done on purpose.
Peace is not a divine ooze that flows down on those with empty minds. Peace is the result of aggressively pursuing the promises of God as they are delivered in his Word.
__
0 Comments:
Post a Comment