Korea - Female applicants scored the highest and second highest marks in this year’s entrance examination for Korea National Police University, officials said Monday.
Kim Han-song and Gu Da-ye ranked first and second, respectively, among the 120 successful applicants for the school set up to educate police cadets. This makes them the first women to simultaneously take the top two spots since the school began selecting female entrants in 1989.
Of a possible perfect score of 1,000 Kim scored 800 and Gu followed with 789 points.
The average for successful applicants was higher for women with 775 points, compared to the men’s average of 765 points. Of the 120 successful applicants, eight were women.
“I made sure to listen to the advice of seniors, study practice questions,” said Gu when asked how she prepared for the test.
“I was a little worried about the physical aspects of the school, but I’ve always tried to stay physically fit since I was a young,” she said.
According to Kim’s father, she was always gifted in math and her other skills like English were never far behind.
The applicants went through a four-month test including a physical test, aptitude test and a government sponsored scholastic aptitude test, among others.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment