MR25 Ultra - Marathon Run - 7am to 7pm
Picture 1 - The ultra-marathon has invited Malaysian and Singaporeans and people from other countries, young and old, and women and men.
Today, I reached MacRitchie Reservoir at 6:45am to see the start of MR25 Ultra-Marathon. Immediately, after parking my car, I met an MR 25 Club runner by the name of Evelyn Chong, a veteran female runner. I asked her whether she is running. She told me yes. She also made my day by saying, " I always read your Blog". "The post are interesting to read and I keep track of your post". I felt honoured by this lady.
Picture 2 - MR25 is giving away many attractive prizes this year.
Picture 2 - MR25 is giving away many attractive prizes this year.
Then, I met George Chong, a former Hwa Chong Institution teacher, having camo-pouch around the body, for hydration during the ultra-marathon. George Chong has done several World Iron man races. It was his batch of girls that I took and trained that came in 1st Pamela Chia (not trained by me), 2nd Angela Tan, 3rd Debi and 5th Evelyn Tang, four top runners to count where Hwa Chong came in National Schools' Cross-Country Champions 2002. It was the year where we got the lowest points for the race. Other runners, if I remember, consist of Gek Han and Serene.
Coming back to the ultra-marathon, I was told that the route has changed from running one round to start running from canteen and go through the northern route of MacRitchie Reservoir and make u-turn at the Ranger Station, 5km away from canteen. I told that the ranger station is 5km.
Picture 4 - The start looks like this running towards the canoe shed.
Picture 4 - The start looks like this running towards the canoe shed.
The record holder for this course is Khoo Chin Poo (2hrs 34min, pb for marathon) who has done 11 times of running around around the 10.55km of the MacRitchie Loop. Tan Choon Ghee (2hr 34min pb for marathon), is the second best runner who has covered 10 rounds.
Picture 5 - Runners will run the northern route, which has very scenic.
Picture 5 - Runners will run the northern route, which has very scenic.
I also saw Mr Chan Meng Hui who was putting on a number tag and he looked busy. As soon as I have finished talking to George Chong, I realised that Mr Chan was missing from sight, missing in action. He must have gone to the start.
In the past, there was only a small group running. Right now, the group has increased. More than 100 odd, perhaps 200 people, young and old, women and men, were running.
Picture 6 - Northern Route of MacRitchie Forest is a thick luscious forest
Picture 6 - Northern Route of MacRitchie Forest is a thick luscious forest
I also met Devathas Satianathan there. Instantly, he smiled when he saw me. I shook his hands and told him all the best. I asked him how many rounds he was aiming for. To this, he told, " I am aiming for 5 rounds only".
Picture 7 - Somewhere at the mid-point, you will meet the Ranger Station
After that, I spoke to Donald Ng, Welfare Committee Chairman of MR 25. He told me that as a committee member, he wants to set example for young people that even at 50 a person can run ultra-marathon. Donald Ng, was eating some energy food to survive the run that he was about to do.
Then, suddenly, the runners were called to the start line. At the start line, many lined up and then the race started. The runners were off and the morning looks cool.
Picture 8 - Hopefully, the ultra-marathoners will enjoy some of the scenic sight
Picture 8 - Hopefully, the ultra-marathoners will enjoy some of the scenic sight








0 Comments:
Post a Comment