Today's probably one of the most momentous days that I have been able to write about since I began this blog. As of today, I am officially no longer a highschool student. It's summer break but honestly, I've got nothing to do, so it's not exciting, but it's my last chance to spend time with a lot of my friends so I'm hoping to make the most of it.
So today everybody had to go to school for a half a day which I wasn't terribly excited about, my relations with many people has kind of crumbled this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same or not. It's not a bad thing, because it's inevitable next year with everyone moving away, which I am really looking forward to, but it's still a little sad. Oh well, bigger and better things. So we did our 'Secret Santa' thing, I had Sarah Quinney (a friend of mine who actually reads my blog, love you Sarah! I'm quite literally going to miss you the most, thank you lots for doing Vinnies with me this year - I really would have died without you and you've always been good to me even though I'm a moody, depressing, bore. We will stay in contact) and... what was I saying? Oh yeah, so I had Sarah and I got her a sports bag kind of gym-bag thing which comes with some random stuff, managed to get it cheap from work b/c the rules of our Secret Santa were creative and 'not over $10', which is harder than it sounds, and it does sound hard, so it was very hard. Anyway, sorry it's not very exciting Sarah but it's sort of practical.
A girl called Nadine had me and she got me a thermos-type sipper thing, porcelain with a silicone top so I can take hot drinks with me 'on the run', not that I really go anywhere but it'll be good for work and stuff like that, and I believe you can take those cups to places like Starbucks and stuff so that should be handy! Also she got me some coffee-flavoured cookies which were very nice, so I was very pleased! Thanks Nadine.
Ashleigh ditched some dumb assembly a little early cause we were being made to watch some overly prepared debate (100% scripted, yawn) about whether, as a result of the Pike River mining disaster (occurred a few weeks ago in NZ, 29 miners died), if mining should continue or be stopped in New Zealand. Talk about a stupid arguement, obviously in these hard-times creating even less jobs is hardly going to help anyone, besides if we're exporting and/or using the resources produced, than it's probably worth it. Not sure why I'm going on about this, it just struck me as an aggressively stupid arguement.
Anyway, Ashleigh and I ditched and we went to Chokdee for lunch and dithered around town, as we do, for a while. Than I came home, had dinner, had a shower and headed for prize giving (was running late as usual, my mum was so pissed - but whatever, she got a seat and we got there 10 minutes early, which isn't early at all because we were lucky to get a park - guess being a student for 5 years teaches you a few good ideas about where to park) which was... it just was everything I'd come to expect from Garin. I don't know why I expect to get awards and stuff, it's not like I do much, but I got a prize but the thing is, it's not really a prize.
At the start of the year I signed up to do the St Vincent de Paul program, aka. Vinnies, which means you have to do a bunch of charity work (cause you do charity work in 'bunches' now, ask anybody) and there's certain task (group projects, individual goals, planning etc.) and since I was on the leadership team, in fact I was the leader, and Sarah and Charlotte were also, we needed to have two meetings a week which... well, let's just say, were not usually fun. At all. In fact, they were a plain nuisance after a whole lot of horrible classes and than having no break. Anyway, after a year's worth of this and a lot of work along the way, there's a guaranteed accreditation at the end of it and a certificate, and that's what my prize was. So I earned my prize in a way I don't think a lot of people did, obviously I wasn't qualified for most things and was SO far from getting any of the top awards it's not funny, but... IDK, it just sucked that all I got was things I worked my ass of. Nothing of my personality or whatever, than again guess I am a complaining ol' bag so... whatever, can't complain.
So my friend Ashleigh and I had planned to go to Sam Ellis' after party which was kind of the last 'official' year 13 party and most people were going, but considering 'most people' don't really like me and I'd pretty much fallen out of the loop with most people, it was never really going to be ideal. Than my friend Ashleigh, being the considerate friend she is, decided to go and hang with all the guys she likes which are the opposite of my preference of people to hang out with, and I don't mean to blame, but she left me hanging! So without her, there's not really any point me going cause I'd just end up being a loner, trust me, it always happens that way no matter what the situation. At prize giving I was alone, at the side, and no one gave an F, although I had Sarah near which was good, love her. But yeah, it really was very typical Garin so I just decided to go home.
I'm not really sad just kind of like in awe of how underwhelming the whole thing is, 5 years of highschool over... so what? Well tomorrow Brandon and I are going to go see 'Easy A' which'll be good, and nice of him to offer, have to work Saturday, Sunday and a bunch of evening shifts next week which are a little bit of a nuisance (5pm-10pm) and since I can't drive after 10pm, and we only 'close' at 10pm, we still have to count tills and shizz, which takes 10-15mins usually, so I will have to walk home which is about 20/30 minutes when I'm tired after a long day. At least it's not the midnight shift, but it's good I got some shifts cause I could really do with the money. Not ideal, but still, good. My agenda for these holidays is to get fit as fuck, although I need to set specific goals for that, be a little more wary of my diet and earn money. Also hanging out with friends is on the list but considering the fresh realisation that, that may be like grabbing at jelly, I will reconsider that on the list of importance. Anyway, I've officially turned into ramble mode and meant to stop writing this 20 minutes ago. Enjoy. (if you actually got to here, to which if you did, I salute you... and recommend you get something better to do. But seriously, you rock if you read this.)
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Prize Giving + No More Highschool Ever
Posted by creation of the nation at 5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment