Aptly named after Ayumi Hamasaki's new-ish single, 'Sweet Season', that also relates to this year's New Zealand summer! Even though I'm a bit miserable and complain about summer and winter (and those other pesky waste-of-space season), summer is probably the better of the two although people do seem to think that the last 5 years of my self-esteem problems are just going to melt away and that I'm going to go to the beach with them. Are they insane? "Yes" seems to be the most correct reply.
So last night Britney Spears' latest single "Hold It Against Me" was accidentally (I assume) released in New Zealand iTunes as the first place publically available in the entire world, and I downloaded it only about ten-fifteen minutes past midnight, and since it became available after midnight, I must have been one of the first 1,000 (I assume) to have heard it, and that's pretty crazy as already it's probabaly been listened to a few million times! I wonder if Britney will make video for it? It's quite a good club song, but at the very end of the day, it's not an especially wonderful song (although it is great) and I am definitely expecting Lady Gaga to outdo her. People can like Britney Spears more, but it'd be foolish to say she, personally, was any match for the talent, drive and fan-base of Lady Gaga (who is basically Britney's, plus more anyway).
After a loooong consultation with Studylink, the company that approves and denies student loans, which I will now resort to calling them 'the single most difficult company I have ever consulted in my entire life', I have discovered that my student allowance (free weekly payments) has been denied because my parent's 'earn too much', and the unfortunate thing is they earn only 2k over the limit! NOT GOOD.
So basically I will need to go crawling to the Wellington stores (probably the same chain as I already work for) and beg for a Saturday job, Sunday jobs are NOT happening cause it means going out on Saturday night is in permamanent turmoil but I guess in the land of "ZOMG GIMME JOBS!" (which is anywhere with a university), I'd better count my blessings to get anything.
Hanging with my good ol' friend Dani today, haven't seen her (or hung properly) for a while so it'll be good to catch-up. I feel a bit gross today though so better jump in the shower and get my body, face and hair sorted cause the whole "Oh I just rolled out of bed look" isn't in these days, unless you're a supermodel, for me, it's quite scary. Holyshitfuckchrist moving to Wellington in just over a month, crazy! ALL my friends (ie. like 5 people) will not be seen for a long time, so crazy.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
It's a sweet season!
Posted by creation of the nation at 6:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment