I've been in a really anti-blogging mood lately, been quite mixed emotion-wise right now with the whole moving thing which is literally one week and one day away which is kind of blowing my mind. The bedroom I am typing this from has literally been my bedroom for my entire life. I don't really know anyone that has never moved houses, so as much as I'd like to make out that I'm very worldly and experienced, let's face it, living in one country, one city, one house all my life has definitely given me some serious stability. That stability is about to be thrown by the wayside when I move to Wellington, although I am going to a hall (and a bloody top-notch one at that, Weir House, baby!) and it will be easier with other people in similar situations, it's still nerve-racking. I'm horrified I'll make no friends and everyone will hate me, but everyone (in that annoying no-proof-to-back-it positive tone) has told me that I'll fit in fine so I'm just going to go out on a whim and accept the obvious, everyone will feel the same way. And they better do, cause otherwise I'll be a nervous sweaty wreck probably wearing all the wrong clothes with either a too-small or too-large amount of baggage. I think my dad has it in his head I'm going to be bringing like two suitcases and that's it, um, yeah.
Fortunately my aunty, with a relatively big car, is driving us to Picton where we'll board the ferry and my dad's friend is going to pick up my stuff in his car from the ferry terminal and mum, dad (who are both coming with me to move-in) and I will catch a bus to their house in Karori, or whatever the spelling it. I literally need to buy a map of Wellington before I move away because I always feel hopelessly lost and I really don't have perception of the geography of the city. I got lost there in 2009 when we went there on a school-trip, I was supposed to stick with others but I was impatient (try and believe it) and wanted to go back to the backpackers (Wellywood) where we were staying so I headed off home. I couldn't believe it when I got lost, so scary!
Anyway, basically I'm convinced all my clothes are horrible and I'll be some weird random with both my parents where everyone will have like just one MILF/DILF-y parent when mine are old and unfashionable. Paranoia is kicking in for sure.
Just ignore this post for future reference, I know I'm insane. But just felt like stating the insanity that I will unfortunately admit is my mind.
Fortunately my aunty, with a relatively big car, is driving us to Picton where we'll board the ferry and my dad's friend is going to pick up my stuff in his car from the ferry terminal and mum, dad (who are both coming with me to move-in) and I will catch a bus to their house in Karori, or whatever the spelling it. I literally need to buy a map of Wellington before I move away because I always feel hopelessly lost and I really don't have perception of the geography of the city. I got lost there in 2009 when we went there on a school-trip, I was supposed to stick with others but I was impatient (try and believe it) and wanted to go back to the backpackers (Wellywood) where we were staying so I headed off home. I couldn't believe it when I got lost, so scary!
Anyway, basically I'm convinced all my clothes are horrible and I'll be some weird random with both my parents where everyone will have like just one MILF/DILF-y parent when mine are old and unfashionable. Paranoia is kicking in for sure.
Just ignore this post for future reference, I know I'm insane. But just felt like stating the insanity that I will unfortunately admit is my mind.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment