Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shaharuddin 2hr 37min 40sec in HK Marathon 2011

Shaharuddin Hashim - The police inspector who likes running as a passion.


Shaharuddin Hashim from Malaysia has a personal best time of 2hr 33 sec for the marathon race. However, last year, in the Penang Bridge Marathon, he came in first with 2hr 47min for the race and was very disappointed. " It was humid and hot in the morning and the race start time was way too early that I did not have enough sleep", he recounted.

Shaharuddin is being trained by Chidabaram, Malaysia's steeplechase former great runner. Shaharuddin right now needs a lot of support from the relevant sports association if he wants to do well in running. I can see real talent as his time was the one of the best value added time of the day.

I told him to give us the insights on the Hong Kong Marathon and he was more than willing to give it to me.

An Interview With Shaharuddin Hashim

How do you find this course?
Very tough course, indeed! A lot of up slopes and down slopes.

Can you tell us on the detail of your race?
In short, I did the half-way mark in 1hr 17min, at the finish I did 2hr 37min. Even at the last 5km we had to encounter about 6 hills.

Are you happy with your time?
Considering the improvement from my season best time of 2hr 47min to 2hr 37min, I feel that I am on track in my marathon goal.

Do you know that you have one of the most improved time?
Is it? Thanks for informing about this. I know that many did not do well. Only a handful few, and it was rare, did a personal best time. Few did a season best time only.

How do you find the weather?
Good. I find the weather ok.

How do your wife feel about your run?
She will be very happy about this as she fully support my passion in running.

What are your wishes?
To have altitude training so that I can go further in running.

How did you find the organisers?
Good. They really did a wonderful job in organising the race well.

0 Comments: