Before that though, all I really had to do on Thursday was go to my theatre lecture and we were talking about the play I read called 'The Cape' and discussed which of Aristotle's 6 elements of tragedy were most crucial in the play. Usually plot is essential, but 'The Cape' was so episodic it was pretty obvious the characters and their development/revelations were more important. Plus music, since the script had a lot of specific points at which it wanted a type of music of a particular song playing.
After that I had a few hours to kill which I don't believe were particularly productive (aka. playing 'Plants vs Zombies') and then I met up with my campus coach at 3.30pm. Campus coaches are a university programme when an older mature student meets up with a group of students (there's like 10 of us) who're studying similar things. She talks to us about any problems we have and also takes us to cool places around Wellington, she took us to a café/restaurant/bar called 'Sweet Mother's Kitchen' which was an interesting, very Wellington, type of place. They had the most delicious curly fries which I could get eternally obese from because they were so good. Anyway, then we went to Te Papa for a little while, an enourmous multi-level interactive museum, world renowned I believe.
From Te Papa I went to Taranaki Street where I knew I was to catch the number eleven bus to Seatoun, where Sue (my aunt's friend) lives. Those buses are ruthless, but efficent, and was only $2.50 with my student ID for like, a twenty minute journey so pretty good considering in Nelson it'd have been like $3.90 and ridiculously slow and uncomfortable.
Basically I met a lot of people, ate a lot of food and enjoyed watching everyone drink a lot. I felt lame not drinking, but I don't do wine and beer and I don't socially drink. I only drink if I'm going to town, or if it's a one-off at like a restaurant or bar or whatever. Hate alcohol really. It was a very pleasant evening, and guess who I saw... PETER JACKSON!! Since Sue lives in Seatoun (aka. where the picture at the top of this is), that's where a lot of 'The Hobbit' people are staying and she also met Sir Ian McKellen the other day on the beach! I like Seatoun, it reminds me of Nelson cause no big high-rises and nothing building too ominous.
Anyway we were driving past his house and she told me that was where he lived, and god forbid, there he was sitting in his lounge! Couldn't really believe it, and on we drove a little and then we were at hers. Ugh, he needs to give me a leading role in one of his movies - I could be an orc without even dressing up for chryeste sakes. (as Kathy Griffin's mother, Maggie, would say)
Anyway, then some guy who was having dinner with us (he was Canadian, I know that much) gave me a ride home and it was quite out of his way so that was very nice, and... yeah. Then I stayed up late talking with Emma and Bonnie from my floor and then... that was that. Off to shower now, it's 12.17pm and I've done perhaps absolutely nothing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment