Moving to Wellington, keeping up and improving my fitness was going to be one of my main focuses of the year, along with my studies of course, cause they're not cheap. However, I've found due to time constraint, other activities and a lack of control over my food (it's catered, so not too many options and no time for requests) my exercise/diet and overall health routine's been a bit out of whack. I joined a running group which has yet to get started, but I am looking forward to it. Up until now, my entire exercise history which spans about 3-4 years has been solitary. I joined the gym initially only because my friend Robert was joining, but he never came with me, like he literally came twice I think over like 6/7 months, but I found I quite enjoyed the gym and so was hasty to sign up to the one at Victoria University.
I paid about 50% extra to attend classes along with the gym facility so I'll need to start attending those, refuse to see money gone to waste and plus it's probably a lot more fun doing things in classes. I've done zumba before but that's about it, would like to get into yoga, pilates, kick-boxing and pump classes. Need to broaden my fitness horizons! Being fit is an amazing and it's pretty sweet to be able to run long-distances and the satisfaction of breaking a self-record is like no other.
Anyway, I forgot the point of this post. Besides from health, diet and fitness, I did just join university after all so my main focushas to be is study. I hate studying and will never understand why I went to university, but I understand that to have decent chances of success in later life, I have to put the work in now and I want iPhones, designer clothes and really expensive sunglasses, so to get all of that shizz, I must study, work, study work. Speaking of work, a certain Wellington store hasn't called me even though they said they would... Time to make a little trip down Taranaki Street way I think.
Off to read a play called 'The Cape' by Vivienne Plumb for Theatre tomorrow. The lecturer said it was about four boys driving on a road-trip and they go through self-revelations through talking to each-other and they're all wasted on drugs and there's allusions to Nirvana and Courtney Love's ex uhh... Kurt Cobain. (I'm sure some people would cringe at that's how I think of him, "Courtney Love's ex...". That's probably like referring to Lady Gaga as "Luc Carl's ex".) Anyway, not that I care about Nirvana or Kurt, but someone reading this might so... there you go.
| This photo was taken on a really shitty angle (not by me, I stole it off the internet) but this class area of the gym has the most amazing view of Wellington! |
Anyway, I forgot the point of this post. Besides from health, diet and fitness, I did just join university after all so my main focus
Off to read a play called 'The Cape' by Vivienne Plumb for Theatre tomorrow. The lecturer said it was about four boys driving on a road-trip and they go through self-revelations through talking to each-other and they're all wasted on drugs and there's allusions to Nirvana and Courtney Love's ex uhh... Kurt Cobain. (I'm sure some people would cringe at that's how I think of him, "Courtney Love's ex...". That's probably like referring to Lady Gaga as "Luc Carl's ex".) Anyway, not that I care about Nirvana or Kurt, but someone reading this might so... there you go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment