The title of the post is supposed to be ironic, in case that wasn't immediately obvious. Well, ish. I've never been so uninspired to pump out a blog post in all my long years, especially the last week, but I've been inactive enough lately so, god forbid a reader was looking for a new post, your wish has been granted!
So I went out three nights last week - which is unheard of in my life. I normally do the whole once every fortnight thing, and even then I'm a little reluctant. However, university's orientation week is a whole other story and apparently Wednesday is student night and then there's the obvious Saturday night so... I feel kind of obligated to go! I'm going to try to stick to once maximum a week, alcohol's expensive and without a source of income, I really need to STOP spending for the sake of it.
On Friday we had a 'zombie themed party' so here's a photo of the party.
Just experienced a small earthquake in Wellington, it was 4.5 on the Richter scale apparently and only lasted a second or two, but enough to scare me and I'm not feeling pretty paranoid about every gust of wind. Being on the fifth story, it felt like a giant had kicked the building because it kind of swayed. So scary!
Anyway, my first lectures on Monday were alright - nothing to rave on about. For theatre I had to book tickets to see a play called 'Our Man In Havana' which is like a spy spoof or something. All I know is that it's been selling out, and adults have being paying $48 for tickets where students get $12 tickets - and thank god! I think it should have been in our fees really, but never mind. I think a lot of money is wasted at university and I reckon it goes a bit over the top to provide support and services to students, I mean, really. Save money, cut down costs - but I guess there are a LOT of jobs supplied by the university, so that's also a bonus. It is over the top though, and that's official. First Media 103 tomorrow and another theatre tomorrow, lucky me. Night.
So I went out three nights last week - which is unheard of in my life. I normally do the whole once every fortnight thing, and even then I'm a little reluctant. However, university's orientation week is a whole other story and apparently Wednesday is student night and then there's the obvious Saturday night so... I feel kind of obligated to go! I'm going to try to stick to once maximum a week, alcohol's expensive and without a source of income, I really need to STOP spending for the sake of it.
On Friday we had a 'zombie themed party' so here's a photo of the party.
It was pretty sweet, but dressing up was a pain and it was just overall a bit annoying. Pessimistic, I know. Also I went out the following night so was officially exhausted after that. Here's a photo of me and my friend Bonnie. I look fat, but whatever. It was an unusually tight top, but it got ruined and thrown out so... who cares.
Anyway, my first lectures on Monday were alright - nothing to rave on about. For theatre I had to book tickets to see a play called 'Our Man In Havana' which is like a spy spoof or something. All I know is that it's been selling out, and adults have being paying $48 for tickets where students get $12 tickets - and thank god! I think it should have been in our fees really, but never mind. I think a lot of money is wasted at university and I reckon it goes a bit over the top to provide support and services to students, I mean, really. Save money, cut down costs - but I guess there are a LOT of jobs supplied by the university, so that's also a bonus. It is over the top though, and that's official. First Media 103 tomorrow and another theatre tomorrow, lucky me. Night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment