Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tinesh's C Div Champ from Bendemeer Sec Sch

Tinesh - Champion For C Division National Schools' Cross-Country Championships 2011
Story of Resilience - From non-top 20 in 2010 to first in year 2011.

How was the race?
Few days before the competition, I was a bit nervous, to tell you the truth. But I also know that other athletes will be having nervous feeling that I have. I was told that a bit of nervousness is natural for anyone competiting. So I did not bother on nervousness. However, inwardly, I was aiming for top 3. 

What was your father's expectation?
To come in top 3. My coach told me to aim for top 10 as a first goal. If at the 1km mark, he feel good, Tinesh could go for top 6. At the 2nd km if things are good, my coach told me to slowly move forward to top 3 and if I feel good at the last 3km, my coach told me to go for first postion. Whatever it is my coach told me that I can come in top 3 during the finals.

How did you feel at the start of the race?
Confident. Luckily, I was not that nervous. I felt very good and focused to go for it.

What kind of time were you expecting?
Personal best . Anything faster than 16min 05sec for the 4.6km route.

How did you feel during the last part of the race?
Pressure came when Imran from RI was caching up and I told myself that I should not give up at all cost.

How did you feel after winning the race?
Finally, I am achieving something, it was worth it.

How did your friends feel about this
Shock and surprised.

How did you feel about getting 16m 05sec?
Never pushed as hard like this. Hence, I am very happy with time.

Principal feel about this?
Mrs Wong was very happy.

Parent Mr Krishna Being Interview By Me.

How was your involvement during the race?
Definite my presence would have affected him positively. I came personally to motivate and encourage him. At the 1km mark, I had to tell my son to break away opponents who were pursuing him. He managed to break away and from then on it was just smooth sailing for him.

How did you feel on his winning?
Very happy, I did not expect this fantastic result from my son. Until the announcements were made I did not know whether he was first or second. I was surprised to hear that he got first. 

How is your family's feeling?
We are proud of him

What is your next step for him?
To go for 1500m and 3000m gold.

0 Comments: