Who'd have thought I, Joey Sauer, "the life of the party" (not really) would forgo a drunken night in town to sit in Weir House's dining room attempting to pump out a Media essay? Not me, that's for sure. Yet, here I am. In all seriousness though, who would have thought a subject called 'popular media culture' could be sooooooo boring. The readings in the course reader and textbook are excruciatingly boring! The lectures are a lot more interesting, but the point of the lecture is basically just to prepare you for your reading. I actually really enjoy the lectures, there's always clips to write, usually nice and easy bullet-point styled notes to take down and there's usually a theme, last week was regarding Lord of the Rings as we looked at cultural industries. I'm a huge LOTR fanboy but it's just phenomenal how much work went into those movies! I was blissfully young and unaware of the movie being made when it was, and I can't believe it's been out for so many years already! I'd definitely say it was among the most well-made movies of all time, the scale is just... ugh, talk about a tangent.
So I'm sitting here with Grace who was like the literal only other person not to have gone out to have had an exciting night. Bastard work to be done! Still, I realised that I could go out this Wednesday cause all I have after that is a 12pm, one-hour theatre lecture and Wednesday is student night! Meaning cheap drinks and lots of people, so to sum that up... HUGE. Alright, time to get to work. And by 'get to work' I mean procrastinate further and go and get my cup from upstairs and make a cup of tea. Sexy.
So I'm sitting here with Grace who was like the literal only other person not to have gone out to have had an exciting night. Bastard work to be done! Still, I realised that I could go out this Wednesday cause all I have after that is a 12pm, one-hour theatre lecture and Wednesday is student night! Meaning cheap drinks and lots of people, so to sum that up... HUGE. Alright, time to get to work. And by 'get to work' I mean procrastinate further and go and get my cup from upstairs and make a cup of tea. Sexy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment