Got my first mark back for anything at university yesterday and I was super pleased to discover that I got a B. A great start! However the more I think about it, the more I realise how much better I could have done. As a girl told me yesterday, "B's get degrees", to which I said "A's get pay" which although not clever, is true. I don't wanna end up graduating but unable to get a job -- but I guess that's the actual issue of everybody's life. Getting jobs is such a weird dynamic, no one wants to work (well, except for those extremely select few who love their job to pieces) but everyone has to work, and it's so much trouble and effort to get a job that you only really get because you have to. It's just the way the cookie crumbles, shame there's no alternative - if anyone on a high income fancied flicking some dosh my way, I'd cheerfully accept without any of that "Oh no no, I couldn't possibly" B.S.
Went for a run today along Oriental Parade which is Wellington's harbour and waterfront walk which was nice, was cool to have lots of other runners about but one thing I did not think about was how busy it'd be at lunch time! Jeez louise every single worker in the god damn city was having their lunch either at the weird grass thing in the middle of Lambton Quay OR Oriental Parade. I felt like the most ridiculous tool jogging along amongst a zillion suited-men and women -- but can't say I'd fancy a waterfront lunch quite as much knowing the fellow proportion of people with the same idea. I was really keen to run really far today but was a lacking energy, guess my diet hasn't been up to scratch and I forgot to drink a truckload of water, which I usually do, before I left.
Speaking of water, I have been drinking an obscene amount - to the point where I'm just always thirsty, I'll see how I feel when I get back to Nelson but I'm starting to wonder if I have a health issue or something. It's not like I'm desperately thirsty but usually have a slight tang for a glass of water, well, a water bottle cause that's all I've been drinking out of for the last two months except for when I have dinner. Otherwise I have to wash/rinse and dry my cup which I CBF doing.
This whole three meals a day shit here is officially driving me up the wall, I'm going to gorge 24/7 when I get home THIS Friday. Which I just realised is two days ago at this very moment. Holy F! I'd better sort out my bus and pack some shit - what do I need for the next two weeks apart from everything? I'm going to be bringing a lot of stuff back to Wellington on the plane so remind me not to pack too much junk or else I'll have no space to bring more B.S. back to Weir. Alright, dinner time. FINALLY A MEAL. I slept until 10.30am today so missed breakfast, had lunch at 12pm and because I have no snacks I have not eaten since then, 'cept some noodles which I wanted to save but I just got SO HUNGRY so I had those at like 4pm. Starved again now - so off I go to over-eat, then feel sick, then get hungry again by 7/8pm. Story of my life... but not for the next two weeks, in two days! Can't wait to see my family, friends and most of all - Mia! My beloved fox terrier, I love her.
Went for a run today along Oriental Parade which is Wellington's harbour and waterfront walk which was nice, was cool to have lots of other runners about but one thing I did not think about was how busy it'd be at lunch time! Jeez louise every single worker in the god damn city was having their lunch either at the weird grass thing in the middle of Lambton Quay OR Oriental Parade. I felt like the most ridiculous tool jogging along amongst a zillion suited-men and women -- but can't say I'd fancy a waterfront lunch quite as much knowing the fellow proportion of people with the same idea. I was really keen to run really far today but was a lacking energy, guess my diet hasn't been up to scratch and I forgot to drink a truckload of water, which I usually do, before I left.
Speaking of water, I have been drinking an obscene amount - to the point where I'm just always thirsty, I'll see how I feel when I get back to Nelson but I'm starting to wonder if I have a health issue or something. It's not like I'm desperately thirsty but usually have a slight tang for a glass of water, well, a water bottle cause that's all I've been drinking out of for the last two months except for when I have dinner. Otherwise I have to wash/rinse and dry my cup which I CBF doing.
This whole three meals a day shit here is officially driving me up the wall, I'm going to gorge 24/7 when I get home THIS Friday. Which I just realised is two days ago at this very moment. Holy F! I'd better sort out my bus and pack some shit - what do I need for the next two weeks apart from everything? I'm going to be bringing a lot of stuff back to Wellington on the plane so remind me not to pack too much junk or else I'll have no space to bring more B.S. back to Weir. Alright, dinner time. FINALLY A MEAL. I slept until 10.30am today so missed breakfast, had lunch at 12pm and because I have no snacks I have not eaten since then, 'cept some noodles which I wanted to save but I just got SO HUNGRY so I had those at like 4pm. Starved again now - so off I go to over-eat, then feel sick, then get hungry again by 7/8pm. Story of my life... but not for the next two weeks, in two days! Can't wait to see my family, friends and most of all - Mia! My beloved fox terrier, I love her.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment