Monday, April 4, 2011

Repetitive, Mindless, Boredom

Had a theatre essay due at 12pm, Friday that I feel pretty good about, far more so than the media one I handed in on Wednesday. I had to work on it on Thursday but had a devil of a time mustering up the enthusiasm to get on with it and I, with great regret, admit I only really got stuck into it at around 9pm - after having almost the entire day off. Disgraceful, I know. Well it is almost 11pm, but I will be going to bed shortly and my alarm will be set for 8am, ensuring I am up for breakfast and do not sleep until about 11am-12pm, which I will do if I allow myself the undeserved luxury of a sleep-in.

As it happened, I ended up walking up to the theatre essay drop-in box, which is about a 10-15 minute walk (power walking, mind you) from Weir House, where I live. I set off at around 11.40am so I would arrive in with a few minutes to spare, so I got there and handed it in - but as I was leaving some idiot unfortunate girl, also from Weir, for some reason was in a panic because she did not have the last page of her essay. I, and a girl I was with called Nina, asked why and she said she'd leant it to a girl to borrow to see how to do the referencing. (even though we've been over it in every tutorial and every lecture, along with having plenty of help on Blackboard, which is the university's own online server thing)

Anyway
, I said I would run back to Weir to get it off the girl, Emma, who supposedly had it. Looking like a fool, I ran all the way down the main road of the university, Kelburn Parade, looking fucked up and came across the girl who was supposed to be bringing it. She left it in the computer room cause she didn't know she was supposed to bring it for the girl, so I ran all the way back, managed to find the missing page, ran all the way back to the drop-box and got it juusssstt in time so in time so the girl didn't lose marks for having it late. Apart from being a hero, I really just wanted to be the voice of logic - why the fuck would you leave WITHOUT the last page of your essay and your references? I mean, reeaaaallllyyyy. Some people...

My weekend was 50% good, watched some movies with a friend and got dinner on Saturday which was pleasant but I didn't go out cause I wanted to do work on Sunday (didn't happen) but overall I've been out every Saturday since I got here, and I'm just a bit over drinking and I know how bad it is for my body, liver especially, and since I'm trying to be fit and healthy, alcohol's not much of a further aid. Anyway, the weekend from Saturday night onwards was basically just pretty shitty and today was brutal too.

I'm sure I've already whinged complained stated this, but my Monday's suck. Sure, people have worse, but I don't really care. I have a two hour Media lecture, followed by a one hour Theatre lecture straight after so that's three hours in a row. I get an hour lunch break, but by the time I've wandered back to Weir and eaten, I usually have only about 15 minutes to myself before I need to walk to my two, one-hour lectures in a row.

The one good, or perhaps bad, part of my day was the two hour gym class my friend Kate and I went to. It was a special 2-hour class cause all the instructors were there and we went through all the classes and it was great to get a good feel for things. What I learnt was that I will not be doing the dance or fight classes cause the dance one is all Latin/Spanish type (like what Zumba is supposed to be, which BTW I think is a terribly craze. Good ol' fashion aerobics is so much better - why don't they do that any more??) and I can't do the whole hip, arm and leg thing at the same time. The fighting one is a bad joke, and I'm not laughing, cause I cannot for the life of me punch or take it seriously and I was laughing like a loon on loon tablets the whole time.

I had the longest, most tiring and I'm depressed from my molto infelice (aka. very miserable, I think) weekend still so.. it's been shitty. I'll make a start on my Media 103 assignment, due this Friday, tomorrow cause I have only a one-hour theatre study group but I hate it and everyone hates me and it's just hate hate hate. OK, not really -- but I feel like spreading an infectious shroud of misery right now. BLERGH.

Time for some ZZZZzzz....


P.S. When I wake up, Gaga should have posted the release date for the 'Judas' song and video, which I suspect may be released simultaneously as she's already tweeted about working on it the last few days. Excited! This is literally the only thing I am looking forward to in my life right now, well, that and going home in the holidays. Two weeks! I need it. This picture of Gaga is on the outside of my door, I think everyone thinks I'm a bit nuts cause it's the only thing, but they can suck it.

0 Comments: