Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The University Regime

I had the greatest plans of getting up this morning at 7.30am to shower, dress, eat breakfast and be ready to study for an hour from 8.30-9.30am but what actually happened was that my alarm came on, I turned it off, then abruptly went back to sleep and woke up at 8.45am in a panic, initially thinking it said 9.45am but fortunately it did not, cause that would have been pure disaster.

So my great plans didn't go to plan, well, I'll  give 'em another go tomorrow. I have only a one hour theatre lecture at noon on Thursdays, and then I am done with university for the week and can do study. I never seem to do much, but I pledge (and kinda have) to do a little more work than I'd prefer this weekend. I'm not going out this Saturday but if all my work is done and I'm happy with the amount of study accomplished, I could be convinced otherwise - I mean, it is the last weekend I'm going to be at this hall for like three weeks cause I'm leaving for Nelson next Friday and will then be away for two weeks, not coming back until Sunday, the day before university starts up again. Leaving in the morning which is annoying, hate travelling in the mornings, but never mind - I just need to be grateful I'm not ferrying like I did when I first moved to Wellington. Now that was a trial, and drew out the sadness to just boredom and frustration. Wasn't time for a teary farewell, which I secretly wanted - my life needs to be more fiction-like.

Media 103 (aka. Popular Culture) was about 'cultural industries' today, and we focused on Lord of the Rings which I loved cause I am a big LOTR fanboy and went slightly deranged with obsession over the summer break, but fortunately seem to have gathered some senses, despite the TradeMe searches for 'the one ring' which we need not go into.

In theatre, I sat with the writer of THIS blog, aka. Kieran, who I weirdly met after sitting behind him one day when he was twittering and I saw his username and remembered it later that afternoon. As for the actual lesson, YAWN. It was all about Elizabethan theatre (which is sooooo year 12) and religious plays which felt an awful lot like last year's R.E. classes, and I wasn't having it.

My tutorial was similarly a big waste of time cause all we did was got shown how to submit assignments, even though we were shown in the lecture, and then watched an entire episode of 'The Simpsons' (the one with 'N Sync's cameo and the whole 'Join the Navy' subliminal message plot story) and spent like less-than-a-minute talking about how it related cultural industries. It was unusually pointless, but whatever - and that was basically my day. The End. Dinner time.

0 Comments: