Saturday, January 28, 2012
Like the Blog? Buy the Book!
I've got a very special announcement to make. Thanks to the miracle of modern self publishing and print on demand, The Downward Spiral is now available in book form. As a frustrated mystery novelist, it was always my dream to have my own book published, though I never imagined it would happen in quite this way.
The format for the book is really quite simple. I took about 200 of the best posts from TDS for 2011, put them all into a manuscript and divided them into ten chapters by subject matter with a short introduction. The book also includes my highly popular Top 10 End of the World novels list and ends with the original eponymous short story that inspired the blog.
I really have no idea if anyone out there is willing to buy such a book. Some would say that taking information that I have provided for free online and putting it up for sale in dead tree form shows how out of touch I am with the way things are these days. But I'm not really looking to make a profit here. In fact, if I earn just enough money to recoup my very modest costs for this project (and perhaps buy a case or two of good German beer) I'll be satisfied.
I've mentioned before that I refuse to turn on Google ads for this blog because of how the real Bill Hicks felt about marketing, and I don't ask for donations because I don't really need the money. But if you've enjoyed the blog and have wanted to show your appreciation, this is your chance. Heck, maybe you even know someone who is just waking up and for whom The Downward Spiral might make a great gift!
The price is set at $11.99 on Amazon, which leaves me about a $2 royalty per copy. For that you get 312 pages and about 95,000 words of TDS goodness. And the best part is, the copies of the book are printed right here in the good ol' USA (South Carolina, specifically), so I'm putting my money where my mouth is in terms of trying to support American jobs.
Anyway, if you are of a mindset, the book is available at the link below, or on the permanent link I've placed in the right column just below the page views counter. Once again, thank you for reading.
Buy it in Amazon!
Posted by creation of the nation at 9:24 PM
Labels: books, The Downward Spiral
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment