Monday, May 31, 2010

Forgive me Father, for I have Sinned

My sin being that I haven't blogged in almost a fucking WEEK! Well it was a crazy + shit week, and that is lé fact. Well the Tongan Dinner was so stressful and scary and I had at least ten meltdowns. The Friday that we had it on was just awful, I literally woke up with a thumping head-ache. WOKE UP WITH IT. I tell no lies. It was pretty much like that, and for good reason, the whole day. Thank fuck I had my car and licence cause I was driving around guzzling fuel like the BP Oil Spill hadn't happened... but unfortunately it HAD! It's a pretty freaky-shit disaster. Man, so much wrong with the world right now. Sort it our buddies! Or is this one of those times I'm supposed to look in the mirror and "be the change" or some shit? Christ forbid.

Anyway here's a picture of the pretty stage of the Tongan Dinner.


Not bad, huh? Haven't got a shot of the whole school gym renovated into a Tongan paradise but their are photos so it's just a matter of getting hold of them! I know some ghastly ones of me were taken so don't expect them up here anytime soon. (I'm also behind on my "Celebrity of the Week" again, but will get onto it. Don't you worry!)

One thing, well there were MANY things, but one thing I was really fucked off about was how involved, uncaring and undeserving the entire thing was in the eyes of my charming principle. I hate to name names... (Mr Boyce) but I mean really, where the F was he? Right from the very start he pretty clearly wanted to have no part in the organisation of it, and for feeding 150+ peoplem using the school hall and enlisting the help of the Tongan and Samoan community - it was a big mofo effort! Thankfully the Deptuty Principle, Mr Moriaty gave us a lending hand which was very kind of him - he went above & beyond and I hadn't really ever had anything to do with him before that so I was truly grateful for his help!

Anyway, excluding the lack of the school's support (TWO teachers: Mr Moriaty & Mrs Mc'Entyre), it was a very successful event & probably one of the biggest, if not THE, of Garin's 9 year history! So shame on you school for your lack of support, I'll definitely have some words to say when I'm outta there. Still, maybe not entirely - my teachers this year are mostly all pretty bloody good! I don't enjoy schoolwork much but teachers do try and make it better for me, and that is good.

Anyway after the Tongan dinner, which turned my school day into a 12 hour long haul where I missed parts of (if not all) of ALL of my classes, 'cept for History - had to make it to that on time! I was told from the start I was NOT allowed to miss any classes... but obvi that was wishing for a bit too much.

I can see why I stopped blogging, it's time consuming! Whatever, I love it. Ta-ta.

P.S. I know this blog is from Crapsville, get over it.

0 Comments: