Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Causes: Greenpeace - Whaling


I reckon Greenpeace does some of the best activist work in the entire work. I'm proud to say that one of few good decisions my parents have made was to sign up and become a sponsor/member (IDK) of Greenpeace and give a monthly payment of like $30 or something fairly minimal like that. It's like $1 a day, and it's a great cause! I love Greenpeace, I could possibly even join them - 'cept not really, too much work & too little reward. People destroy the environment for money, and for people to deprive themselves of money out of "good will and respect for the world" is... always going to be a struggle.

I hate & wanna stab people that criticise their efforts, such as the fiasco with Japanese whaling! Japanese people, I love your singers & entertainers... but your fishermen are dicks! Leave the poor whales alone, they're precious and you've already destroyed so many their numbers have dwindled. It's cruel & unfortunate to think people will DESTROY the world purely to make money. One by one, animal by animal, resource by resource, we are surely destroying the world and it definitely doesn't have an infinite amount of anything with the massive world population we boast today.

If you want to help out (which you better fucking do since you read my blogs and hopefully get some sort of enjoyment out of it for free), head to http://action.greenpeace.org.nz/tokyo NOW and enter in your name, e-mail and city and click SEND to send a (already written) e-mail to the Japanese government asking/begging them to halt the injust act that is WHALING. 25,000 have done it - you can too.

If you're a New Zealander and wish to support Greenpeace, head over to http://www.greenpeace.org.nz.

If you're from elsewhere in the world, head to http://www.greenpeace.org/international/.

0 Comments: