Sunday, June 6, 2010

Celebrity of the Week: Lily Allen


For a long time I've liked Lily Allen and have always found her an interesting tabloid target! Her attitude regarding fame and fortune is pretty refreshing but the one thing I like about her is that she's the real deal. Let's face it - is acting really that hard? Broadway acting is thousand times different that television/movie acting, so I comment broadway actors but I must say, a lot of movie actors and actresses, their talents aren't that great - if being filmed actors can do take after take until they get it right. All I'm saying is that celebrities famous for acting, they might not really deserve their fame. As for a quality singer like Lily Allen, she is a different story! Her voice is really cute and she has a great style of singing and is really pleasant to listen to.

Lily's a total tabloid target, but as a result of her talent! I kinda feel the same about Lindsay Lohan, she may be a tabloid target & is currently being portrayed as a complete mess, but at least she earned her fame. She is (or was...) a genuine movie star! 'The Parent Trap', 'Mean Girls', 'Herbie: Fully Loaded', 'Georgia Rule' to name a FEW! Anyway, back to Lily - haha.

I loved her ever since her first single (well, in NZ anyway) "Smile" came out and than "LDN". She just pumped out tonnes of infectious, catchy tunes that I just adore & I even love her look. I definitely enjoy reading anything about her or whatever she may have to say.

Unfortunately I believe she has stated she is done with her music career and intends to open a clothing store or something. I hope I'm wrong but whatever venture she takes, I'll always love her for the beautiful music she sung.

0 Comments: