Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reluctant Blogging

SUP READER! I love you.
Why?
Why wouldn't I?
A fuckload of reasons I guess.
Well actually you're wrong.
Prove it.
I love you because you're reading this.

See, I just did you're inner monologue for you. I love this blog's readers! The reason for such love is the fact that this blog and all writing, is basically all the bullshit that flies through my often meaningless head, and written here for two reasons.

a) It's therapeutic
b) I enjoy it
(alright, three reasons)
c) I have nothing better to do!

Well to be honest, I have an everlasting supply of study and homework to do - but who doesn't? It all bores me shitless and I'd rather be broke and homeless than rich and bored beyond measure as a result of years and years of miserable study. Well actually, no I wouldn't - but you get my point. Maybe I'll live the tortured life of an artist, slowly driven insane by my own creativity... well 'creativity' isn't really the right word cause I don't create/present new ideas, I kinda just look at, and magnify current ideas. That can be my new thing. Sounds good, right? IDK, now I'm just rambling and tryna' sound smart.

So school wrapped up on Thursday, and I was very excited as you can tell from reading the 'So Happy I Could Die' post, and shockingly*, that feeling did fade by the next day - so it's good I did it on the night. Friday night was Helen Kübler's (a German exchange student whose been here for a year) leaving party which was good. Except... well, it's kind of hard to explain it without sounding pathetic. The fact of the matter is, I drunk too much, too fast (1/4 vodka, 3/4 juice) until I'd drunken half a bottle and... I was pathetically wasted, throwing up outside, in a bathtub and in a bucket. Didn't get any on the carpet thank GOD which even in my drunken rage, was my biggest worry. It was at Natalie's house, so thank the lord her mum was pretty cool about things. Problem was I sat outside for WAY too long 'chundering', and I had apparently turned completely pale (and I was on an empty stomach which didn't help...) but anyway, I threw up literally every last drop and had a fair few glasses of water. Why does water taste like poison when you're drunk? Anyway, Nick Pittar's mum gave me a ride home which was very considerate of her as it was like 1am, and anyway I went to bed and by morning I was pretty good considering!

So... than I worked 8 hours which was a real laugh. ;-) Need I elaborate? I held up pretty well though, I'm pleased with myself! Didn't exactly deliver the most ideal of customer experiences, but in a year and a half of working, I have never been hung over for work before, so... suck it. Was ten minutes late though, but whatever - small sacrifices. Not like me being there or not made any difference any more, the 'morning meeting' consists of telling us which department we're in, and it's so busy we hardly get the chance to work in one department anyway.

Hung out with Brandon and Nick at his house that evening and played Xbox 360 and laughed like LOONS, and played this scary as f--k nerve-racking shoot-'em-up game that for god knows what reason, made me lose my mind! Drove up with JUST enough time to get there before 10pm. (aka. when I have to be home by, cause on my 'Restricted' licence can't drive any later than that) and I got stopped and breathalised, and was horrified I'd still have it in me from the previous night, but I didn't and all was good. Thank you baby Jesus!) and went to bed and slept until like 11am.

Today all I did was watch 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' (which I borrowed from Brandon!) and go to the gym, and go to my Aunty Jen's for a cup of tea with my parents. So... as boring as it sounds, it was good. Two weeks off, everything's looking good!

Here's a classy little lyric for you to wrap up the blog.

"We pretend we're into art galleries cause it makes us feel clever. We're both in our element when we're on our knees, whatever the weather." - 'Fag Hag', by Lily Allen. I love that song.

0 Comments: