Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrity of the Week: Kristen Stewart


Let's get one thing clear, first and foremost - I'm not a Twihard. I really don't understand the craze surrounding Twilight, I find the story unoriginal, the characters depressing and flat & to be honest - the films are a bit boring. I started reading the first book, but found it so tedious and pathetic (Stephanie Meyer is pretty tragic, although rich now. Bitch.) I gave up after about 4 or 5 chapters.

The one thing I've liked the most about the Twilight saga is the lead actress of Bella, Kristen Stewart! Not only to I find her to be a good actress, regardless of how shitty and annoying her character is, but I really love her refreshing attitude! I love how she seems to detest her fame, and I'd like to know how much of it is a put on to try to shun media attention, but the way she always talks and acts in interviews... love it!

It's nice to see an actress who doesn't just soak up the limelight and go on and on about how much "they love their fans", obviously K-Stew has more fans than almost anyone as a result of the 'Twilight Saga' success, and she is thankful, but she doesn't go overboard by talking bullshit like "They mean everything.", it doesn't work in an actresses case because a movie is never about ONE actress, even if they are the star of the show.

Lady Gaga is allowed to dedicate 'everything' to her fans, because her musical success is half-based on her outfits, her fan communication and the way she manages to intertwine her 'little monsters' into almost everything she does. I know I'm rambling like fuck and being pretty bias because I love Gaga, but the way she deals with her fans is appropriate for her.

If Paris Hilton, bless her, tried to say her "Fans were everything to her", you'd know she was talking bullshit &  likewise with other celebrities. So that is why I love Kristen Stewart, cause she doesn't B.S., she rejects the typical celebrity-culture of being 'papped' daily shopping, getting her hair done and other luxurious gloaty things like that. You see her at premières, and a few other candids, but that's about it. So it's great to see someone as uber famous as her managing to stay level-headed, keeping her cool and just being awesome! 

0 Comments: