So I got Miley's latest album "Can't Be Tamed" expecting a pretty dismal overly rock, Pop-Album, but it actually turned out to be really good! I know Miley gets cut a lot of slack for her, alleged "wild antics", but really, she's just growing up. I hate when headlines about her are things like "Is Miley's new video too sexy?", obviously it's not too sexy if she did it, otherwise she wouldn't have. She's 17, not stupid. I'm sure her career is heavily controlled, or has been, but it seems like she's coming into her own a bit more - she's obviously not a typical Hollywood girl and I'm sad to hear about her parents filing for divorce, but they seemed an odd couple and with two stars in the family, Miley especially, things have got to be pretty tricky.
Also, I was thinking about this morning - when you have hundreds of millions of dollars before you're even 18... what sort of goals does that leave you in life? Release clothing lines, fragrances, books etc. Miley's already done it all, and it's all trivial meaningless stuff. Sure she could throw herself whole-heartedly but it's all pretty meaningless. I hope she doesn't spiral out of control but I feel like she will, she just has too much, too early and the life of a child star (after watching the numerous E! channel specials on the matter) always seems to be difficult.
Anyway, I wish Miley all the best and highly recommend her latest album. (Although the latest single, "Who Owns My Heart" is one of my least faves on the album.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment