Monday, December 13, 2010

Short note regarding StudyLink

First and foremost, the New Zealand StudyLink company which allows practically all students wishing to pursue tertiary study, a loan, is a terrific company and I applaud it. However, I am quite sure I have received some of the most hopeless, messy and unhelpful service ever.

I have been sent at least 30 letters from them in the last 3 months, because I have to apply for 'student allowance' (day to day costs) and 'student loan' (to pay for course fees) separately, and with both they have sent me contracts with incorrect information that I have had to change and send back to them, than they send me another contract to confirm corrections... that have not been corrected. So I made the changes again... only to sent back the wrong fucking one again. So finally, after waiting about twenty-five minutes to talk to someone, I got a response and told them of the issue so they sent me another contract with the 'corrections'... and it still wasn't right. So I have sent it back with corrections, personally addressed to one woman in particular who promises it will be fixed.

Might have to pay for uni off a credit card at this point!

0 Comments: