Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One of 2011

__

The following New Years resolution is repeated again this year:


RESOLVED: I hereby resolve to not throw trash on the moon.


I have made this resolution for many years now, and I must humbly note that I have never broken it once. I may be accused, by stretching the facts unfairly, that I contributed a couple of cents to those who trashed the moon long ago from NASA, but I certainly did not do so willingly.


Otherwise, I claim nothing as to my intentions. I am a man with feet of clay, and I suspect I will blunder along doing a number of sinful and stupid things from time to time. Only by the grace of God have I been forgiven for past offenses against God and man, and he is the only one I can count on 100% to rescue me from my future blunders and offenses.


2 Corinthians 1:12 (KJV) For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.


I trust this blog, and my Web Journal, Blessed Quietness, are both a blessing and a pain in the neck to you in the coming year. I do have an attitude. This is not only because I live in Texas now-- that helps. But, this life is too short to play Henry Kissinger diplomacy tricks with the facts of life and the Word of God.


As always, there is a big disclaimer with all my writing. If anything I write disagrees with the King James Bible, it is rubbish, and you may feel free to tell me so. 

__

0 Comments: