Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! (+Tom Cruise in Nelson?!)

Happy New Year everybody, hope it's been a good one! For me, it was, Ashleigh came to my place and we got slizzard and than headed into Nelson's main street to bring in the New Year and fortunately we ran into Alice, Becca, Helen and Lauren which was cool because it was literally seconds before the big countdown to which we all went crazy over and screamed like man. It is pretty crazy that it is now 2011, but I guess onto bigger and better things. In a month + 19 days, I will be moving to Wellington and now that is a reason for a meltdown. From there onwards, Ashleigh and I headed onto to Shooters club and danced our asses OFF. Although most of our dances are just mocks of each others dancing cause, according to Ashleigh, I do a lot of hands-in-the-air-waving and have my eyes closed which I'm pretty sure I don't, but whatever. Least I don't move all slutty like she does. ;)

Well it was a good new years, and we stumbled back at like 2.30pm and didn't get to bed until like 3.30pm and than commenced the worst sleep ever, and the worst thing was it that I had to get up at like 9am for work at 9.45am, but I slept like shit so I ended up getting up at 8.30am which was awful, being drunk, and I assure you, I did not sleep solidly. Needless to say work was quite horrendous, although fortunately we didn't open until 10am so I managed to deal. Just. Customers didn't exactly receive smiles and happiness from me, and I did sit on a chair at checkout drinking powerade stuff so... yeah, professionalism at its best.

ANYWAY, let's get onto the juicy bits - there are rumours that Tom Cruise spent New Years in Nelson! Apparently he was staying in a flash yacht in the Abel Tasman and set-off in a jet this morning. No photos, no confirmation - but that is the news! My sources are not to be discussed, but they verge on reliable!

Edit: This has been confirmed, Tom Cruise WAS staying in the region, spent largely aboard a very large and luxorious yacht in Abel Tasman bay, aka. where we have our bach, so if I'd have gone around New Years and gone for a sail (not likely) I could have ran into him, he'd have been amazed by my... charm, and I'd be signed up to play his angst-y son in a leading role. BUT I missed out and have to work part-time for minimum wage instead. Hates it.

0 Comments: