Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sheryl Loh - The Next Step

Sheryl Loh - Her running progress in Australia, Melbourne.

Picture 1 - Tennis was her first passion in Hwa Chong Institution (college)


I was very happy to hear from Sheryl that she could settle down well there and head to the University to train. I remember that it took me about 1 week to settle down in Loughbrough University and then I joined the Loughborough Athletics Club. At first, I was a lone ranger there until I met my dear friend called Tim Dickinson. He quickly told me to come down for Alan Guilder's training on other days. I was very pleased with this invitation and started training with Alan Guilder and Tim Dickinson. I really cherish the moment that I trained with them. One of the thing that I enjoy being in Loughborough is the beautiful scenic view during training and also a great place to train.  

Hence, it is pleasing to hear from Sheryl Loh, who I believe have a vast potential in her to do well in running. So far she is the fastest Hwa Chong girl that I have ever trained. The surprising thing is she joined me after her two years in Hwa Chong Instiitution (college). I believe given the right time, place and effort that this girl can go far.

Having said that I would like to share her progress of what she is doing in the University currently.

Picture 2 - Within few months training, Sheryl came in 3rd in 10km Penang Bridge race 2010, a position behind Sangeetha, the Malaysian best long distance runner during that time.   








0 Comments: