Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fastest School Boy Jeevanesh Speaks

An Interview with Jeevanesh on his recent performance in National Schools' Cross -Country Race 2011

Picture 1 - Jeevanesh, tag no 5086 standing focused just before competition


Picture 2 - The start of National Schools' Cross-Country Race 2011

   
Picture 3 - Jeevanesh had to run his own solo race in order to challenge against the time to do a sub 15min.
 

What were the time trial timing before this competition?
I did 3 time trials before this competition. 15min20 sec, 15m 11sec, 14min 59sec

When did you achieve the sub 15min for this course?

I achieved the sub 15 min for this course during the last time trial.

How did you feel when you achieved this timing?
Extremely happy, I guess.

What time were you aiming for this course?
My target was a sub 15 min.

What made you to go for the bigger goal?

My improvement as you can see from the timings of these time trials and the motivation from the rest made me go for sub 15 min.

How did you feel when you know that you are the first person to run this race in sub 15min?

sub 15 min was kind of expected as I was doing well in the time trial so nothing much really. I hope that this will inspire others to do sub 15 min in the near future cos I already have shown that it is possible to do so.

How did your coach, father, teachers and friends felt on your feat?
They felt very happy that I was able to do a sub 15 min.

Picture 4 - (2nd) Benjamin Amaldas (Raffles Junior College), S. Jeevanesh (Hwa Chong Institution) and (3rd) Rodrigo Victoria Junior College) on the podium.

What is your next target for the year?

I hope that I can do a sub 16 min for 5K. if so, I hope that I can do a sub 15:40 in order to break the record of Darshannath. It will be hard as I have to push myself throughout the race but it is worth trying. I havn't really improved much in middle distance because of my focus on winning the national schools' cross-country race 2011 though but I hope that I can do a sub 2 min for 800m and sub 4.10 for 1500m. It will be wonderful to end my last year in this school's nationals in style. I will do my utmost best to go for it!










0 Comments: