Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lots To Do, So Little Time

Well the university workload is certainly intense, it's like studying for exams, except non-stop. Huge readings to do every week plus assignments plus attending lectures, tutorials and study groups and reviewing all of the notes - it takes the wind out of your sails! I'm going to go out tonight, even though I probably shouldn't but I really feel like dancing and letting some steam out. Weir, the hall I'm in incase you haven't caught on, has this annoying 10pm kick-out rule. All of the other halls have 11.30pm, but our 10pm means, if we're gonna drink, we have to start at like 8.30pm-9pm ish, drink enough to get a wee bit drunk (who wants to party sober?) and then be gone by 10pm. Since the clubs don't really 'happen' until midnight, you like, sober up, and then don't enjoy it, unless you spend a fortune on alcohol which isn't terribly ideal for a struggling student.

Right now it is pouring with rain which pisses me off, it's always raining on Saturday nights! Wellington's weather's so annoying. There's a lot I'd like to blog about, cause it's been a pretty insane week, but I'll save it for another time. It's pretty scandalous, but... you'll just have to live in the dark sorry readers! It's related to national news anyway, but I couldn't even be bothered writing about it anyway.

We had a 'Star Wars' themed dinner this evening and I am sitting here wearing black clothes adorned with silver star stickers (to represent a galaxy) and my face is painted green in true Yoda/alien fashion. I'm off to shower and get this gunk off of me, than do a little work on my theatre assignment, and then I'll probably get ready for town. I'll try blog something more exciting ASAP!

0 Comments: